Mount Huangshan, a snow-covered fairyland in winter
Mount Huangshan looks pretty all year round, but it is especially beautiful in winter, when the ancient pines, rocks, streams and pools are all covered with ice or snow, the whole mountain range becomes a silver fairyland. The glittering and translucent spectacle in the sunshine resembles ice sculptures, even a crystal palace, bringing you refreshing enjoyment. Click to book our Beijing Xian Shanghai Huangshan winter tour.
Although the winter of Mt. Huangshan last a long time from November to March of next year, it is not as cold as you expected. The average temperature is -3℃ to – 4 ℃. This is enough to result in fantastic winter scenery and a silver world with pines covered by snow and decorated by icicles.
The Sea of Clouds, one of the four wonders of Yellow Mountain ( Odd-shaped Pines, Grotesque Rocks, Sea of Clouds and Hot Springs ), appears more often in winter than in any other seas. Especially after snowfall, it becomes colorful at sunrise and at sunset.
Travel tips in winter:
1. There are about 73km from Huangshan City to Huangshan Scenic Spot. Travelers can take bus at Huangshan Tuixi Bus Station, or take a taxi to the bottom of Mount Huangshan.
2. The temperature of minus remind you to bring warm clothing for winter hiking. Anti-skid shoes is the necessary.
3. The price of hotels and the entry fees are the most economical time, usually lowered by 15% to 40% compared to that of the peak season, except in Chinese Spring Festival.
4. Best viewing spots for sunrise: Refreshing Terrace, Dawn Pavilion, Lion Peak, Beginning-to-Believe Peak, Rosy Clouds Peak, Bright Summit, Turtle Peak.
5. Best viewing spots for sunset: Cloud Dispelling Pavilion, Rosy Cloud Peak, Flying-over Rock, Bright Summit and Lion Peak
6. Best viewing spots for Sea of Clouds: Jade Screen Peak for viewing the Fore Sea, Refreshing Terrace for Rear Sea, White Goose Ridge for East Sea, Cloud Dispelling Pavilion for West Sea, and Brightness Summit for Heavenly Sea
7. Hotels (on the top): Huangshan Xihai Hotel (4-star), Huangshan Beihai Hotel (4-star), Huangshan Paiyulou Hotel (4-star), Huangshan Shilin Hotel (4-star), Huangshan Yupinglou Hotel (4-star), Huangshan Guangmingding Hotel.
Airport – there are direct airport lines from Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hefei.
Train – from Hefei (about 6 hours), Shanghai (about 11.5 hours), Nanjing (about 6 hours), Guangzhou (about 19 hours).
Bus – from Hefei, Shanghai, Nanjing